If you get “BSOD”, Blue Screen Of Death,
then it may indicate a serious hardware failure. Most often, however, the device drivers or programs not working properly and needs to be updated. In any BSOD's clues as to what to look for, and the picture above shows where to look. In this case the problem BAD_POOL_HEADER and there are several things that can cause the error.
- Faulty device drivers for computer hardware
- A faulty virus
- Problem to read or write to the hard drive
- Poor internal, defective memory sticks
How to fix you BAD_POOL_HEADER in Windows 7
- Update all programs, drivers and operating system with the latest versions. Start with Windows OS Update, and then use the programs that Slim Driver and the Driver Detective to automatically locate and update drivers.
- If not the above work, antivirus software may be the reason. Try to pull the network cable from your computer (old. disconnect the wireless network) and then disable the anti-virus. Restart the computer. If the error persists, uninstall your antivirus and then test another. My recommendations are Microsoft Security Essentials and Panda Cloud Antivirus, both of which are free.
- Check your hard disk for errors and run a program to locate bad sectors and other errors. HDD Health can check your hard drive and also DiskCheckup is worth testing. If any of these programs, visit inaccuracies may indicate a faulty or failing hard drive - backup and replace immediately! To run a disk check in Windows, go to Explorer -> Right-click on a device (C:) –> Select Properties -> Tools -> Error checking -> Click the "Check Now".
- It may also be poor internal memory where one or more defective memory sticks. To check this, you can run Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool. To find the tool, go to Control Panel -> System and Security -> Administrative Tools -> Windows diagnostics Minne. If the utility finds memory, replace the defective strip or strips.
- If all else fails - reinstall Windows. It may be the only solution if the above points fail to find fault or a restore of Windows fails. Do not forget to backup all important files first just!