Applications that do not directly necessary but that makes working at the computer so much easier, safer and better. I think these programs are so good that I always install them.. Some of them are shareware that I recommend buying, they are often expensive and many have lifetime license, Others are freeware., absolutely wonderful.
- Chocolatey – Bulk installation of applications in Windows. Can be installed many programs in one fell swoop. I always check first if there is installation from Chocolatey and besides, updates are much easier.
- Total Commander – A file browser instead of Explorer. I belong to the old generation who grew up with “Norton Commander” the DOS era, despite that my sons use Total Commander and they are gaming geeks.
choco install totalcommander -y
- Everything – Is a search engine that immediately locates files and folders by file name. Unlike Windows Search, Showing Everything initially every file and folder on your computer immediately.
choco install everything -y
- Avastfreeantivirus – Very good antivirus software. Install the free version.
choco install avastfreeantivirus -y
- Winpatrol – Startup manager. Unfortunately, it was sold and the new owners did not develop the program. The latest version still works. Monitors the processes and programs to be started at boot time. Keeps track of that nothing is installed in the background without you knowing it. WinPatrol alerts you when programs attempt to change something in your system. If you install a program just would not approve.
- Link Shell Extension – Skapar Junction Point, a genuine path to a folder that is as authentic as the original. Unlike shortcut that only one link.
choco install LinkShellExtension -y
- Thunderbird – Good email program.
choco install thunderbird -y
- Notepad++ – A text editor, Much better than Notes.
choco install notepadplusplus -y
- HiJackThis – Checks if you are Kidnapped or Spyware. Creates a report of installed programs that can be analyzed on the Internet.
choco install hijackthis -y
- 0Ppatch – If you are using Windows 7 on any computer I recommend installing 0Patch. Windows Update has stopped but 0Patch installs patches from Microsoft and many other vendors.
choco install 0patch -y
- Sysinternals Suite – multiple tools in a single tool suite. This file contains the individual tools and help files:
AccessChk, AccessEnum, AdExplorer, AdInsight, AdRestore, Autologon, Autoruns, BgInfo, BlueScreen, CacheSet, ClockRes, Contig, Coreinfo, Ctrl2Cap, DebugView, Desktops, Disk2vhd, DiskExt, DiskMon, DiskView, Disk Usage (DU), EFSDump, FindLinks, Handle, Hex2dec, Junction, LDMDump, ListDLLs, LiveKd, LoadOrder, LogonSessions, MoveFile, NotMyFault, NTFSInfo, PendMoves, PipeList, PortMon, ProcDump, Process Explorer, Process Monitor, PsExec, PsFile, PsGetSid, PsInfo, PsKill, PsList, PsLoggedOn, PsLogList, PsPasswd, PsPing, PsService, PsShutdown, PsSuspend, PsTools, RAMMap, RDCMan, RegDelNull, RegHide, RegJump, Registry Usage (RU), SDelete, ShareEnum, ShellRunas, Sigcheck, Streams, Strings, Sync, Sysmon, TCPView, VMMap, VolumeID, WhoIs, WinObj, ZoomIt.
choco install sysinternals -y
- GodMode – Admin Tools i Windows. Collects many small programs and features in a folder so you can quickly access them. They are included in Windows but you have to make a folder according to the instructions, see the link above.
- CCleaner – Clears your computer of temporary files and your registry.
choco install ccleaner -y
- vSubst – A tool that creates a logical volume type [M:] to which any folder at any time (also known as Drive Letter). If you often have to work on a specific folder, it's faster if you have a Volume instead.
- HDD Regenerator – Tests the hard drive quality and recovers data from bad sectors. Marks bad sectors so that no data is written there again. Much better than Windows >
chkdsk C: /R
- PDF24 – Great program that creates PDFs when printing, flexibly.
choco install pdf24 -y
- MyPhoneExplorer – Syncs your phone with your computer via Wifi, USB or Bluetooth. I sync Calendar, Contacts and Tasks in Outlook with my mobile and it works without duplicates and hassle.
choco install myphoneexplorer -y
- OpenOffice – For those of you who don't have MS Office.
choco install openoffice -y
- Telegram – described as 'messaging app created with a focus on speed and Security. It's super fast, simple and free. It's like SMS., but more powerful, you can speak in message. There are too many different operating systems and also a web version.
choco install telegram -y