Drivers are the basic building block of all computer systems. Sometimes you can not install the driver for a device that you do not know what it is. Windows does not inform the unit that is missing only the lacking. The following review describes how I go about to find out which driver I should look for.
Procedure to find drivers
- Start the Device Manager. You can find it in Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager or right-click My Computer and select Manage
- Unknown device is marked with a yellow EXCLAMATORY sign.
- Right-click the unknown device you want to find information about and choose properties.
- Go to the Details tab, during select Properties from the dropdown list “Path to the device body”.
- You will be able to see a text like the following:
- Copies vendor and device ID for the device.
- Go to the website http://pci-ids.ucw.cz/ and enter the above information to find the supplier and the model.
- Now you can search the Supplier's name and model of your device to download specific drivers for the device.
This is one way to find information about an unknown device. You do not find the right information, you can try the options below.
Alternatively, the 2
- Go to HardwareID object and copy it to the clipboard (The minnet) (Ctrl + C).
- Open Devid.info and paste urklipet in server.
- On the page displayed when all info about device and links to drivers.
There is another way. You can download and run DevManView from Nirsoft. http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/device_manager_view.html
Lists information about all eneheter.